The One With Embroidered Borders

A while back I worked on some leftover fabric and made a high-low cut blouse from it. I couldn’t do baby fold on the fabric as it was a bit heavy so I made a decorative stitch with a contrasting colour. And then I made many more decorative stitches and I loved it!

DSCF6541

DSCF6538

ย More recently, I tried to do a remake of that design, and succeeded ๐Ÿ™‚

I am beginning to love these easy breezy blouses a whole lot.

The black one, which is the latest of its kind took 2.5 hours to make as it is always a struggle to keep those stitches straight.

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

In the end, it was all worth the effort as it is as comfortable as it looks.

The One About The Altered Blazer

At times I have found myself in thrift or secondhand shops in Suva where I have often found treasures for very little price.

On my last such episode, I tumbled across a blazer which didnt fit me well but I bought it anyways since it was just a mere $6.00. Not to mention it was a wonderful colour and cotton lined!

I thought if I can fix it, fine; if not, it wont be a big loss.

IMG_3406

IMG_3409

So you see, it was loose at the waist, the shoulder and sleeve length are big. Hence, I got to cutting out the stitches and taking the blazer apart.

IMG_3479IMG_3699-horz

After running stitches through sides, shoulders and sleeves, I also cut off the length of the blazer. The final product isn’t my best piece of work, but its wearable ๐Ÿ™‚

DSCF6568

DSCF6574

DSCF6580

The One About The Bonus Skirts

When out fabric shopping, I usually tend to buy a little bit of extra for those ‘just in case’ cases and love it when there is fabric left over from the initial project. Lately, I have been turning the leftover material into skirts. They are simple to make and can be mismatched with different coloured blouses. Although my personal favourite are vests. I haven’t photographed all the bonus skirts but here are the two latest ones.

Here is the left over from the mint green shift dress. It is a straight cut with gathers at the waist.

DSCF6516I had also made a wrap skirt as the fabric was cut out in the corners, so I just made a curve in the corners and added buttons to hold them in place. DSCF6536Iย still have a load of leftover material, just need to find the time to create something from it ๐Ÿ™‚

The One About Peplum & Pencil

Going through the load of fabric I had come to acquire over time, I came across a very stretchable grey fabric. While I cannot recall what I had bought it for I thought of utilising it for a skirt to go with a peplum blouse that I have been wanting to make.

I did a double stitch finishing for both the skirt and blouse using a double needle.

Image

ImageImage

In the past I have not enjoyed working with super stretchable fabrics, but the Singer Quantum makes stitching stretchy fabrics a breeze ๐Ÿ™‚

The final products:

Image

Image

The One With Snake Prints

In trying to find the right combination of sassy and serious, I brought a plain black and a snake print fabrics together.

Image

I wanted to make this dress with front pockets but didn’t want toย make a full cut; so just inserted the pockets and made some stitches for show ๐Ÿ˜€

Image

Image

And the end result…

Image

Image

The One With the Scallops

Eager to utilise my new Singer sewing machine but not willing to do much work, I decided to make another shift dress out of the mint green fabric I had bought from Atlas a few weeks back. Since it doesn’t take long for a shift dress to take form, I decided to add scallops to the finishing… and believe me, they are pretty to look at but a pain to make. Image Image Well, I exaggerate. It didn’t take much time, I was just lazy… The end result was a very comfy dress which can go from a lunch date to the office ๐Ÿ™‚ Image Image