Even though I love solid colours [black], my heart does from time to time skip a beat on sighting prints. So when I set my eyes upon this print fabric, I bought more than I needed and ended up making a dress and a shirt; and I rarely make shirts.
The shirt was for my sweetheart. And for myself I made a sweetheart neckline, off-shoulder dress.
Last December, during the festivities and the shopping I found myself a brilliantly coloured fabric with Polynesian motifs. Its was a bit pricey so I only bought a little piece of it.
I had some stretchy black fabric so the next thing you know, I had a black bodice dress! Trust me, it wasn’t as easy as it sound. I found it a bit difficult to get the upper section to end at the right place.
But the belt seemed to make the look work 🙂
A couple of years ago, I made a dress out of Bula prints to wear to a friends wedding (I will dig out that dress and share a pic of it later). Since I changed my mind about the design of the dress, I was left with quite a bit of fabric and only recently did I do something about it.
I made a print and jersey combo dress with a bit of back detail and a pair of shorts.
Stitching cotton/tetron and jersey is always tricky as they require different thread tension and more often than not, I forget to change the settings. Despite my hemming woes, the stitches come out OK.
And so did the final product.