It has been a while since my last project. Keeping a work-life balance is difficult sometimes. And sometimes, I am lazy.
Eventhough lazy, create I must. So I have been working on simple shift dresses. Over the last few months of 2016, I had been hoarding fabric. I had bought multiple prints in only one meter pieces. Initally I had though I would make blouses out of these (I am becoming a pant person) but assessing the amount of fabric that would be leftover and potentially unuseable, I decided against it. Went with shift dresses instead.
These dresses are simple to cut and stitch. I have previously made a few without sleeves, but the fabric width allowed sleeves so I went for it. Of the seven prints, 3 were of similar fabric, soft and flowy; and these are the ones which I transformed into summer shifts.